Our accomplishments are more than talking points; they are evidence of our unmatched experience — experience that unequivocally benefits you. After more than 20 years of practicing law, attorney Travis Prestwich has earned the distinguished respect of not only his clients, but his peers. Mr. Prestwich has been recognized by some of the most influential legal organizations in Oregon and the United States, yet he has never wavered from his vocation’s calling: to ensure the voice of victims is never silenced.
About Travis Prestwich
A Life Focused on Helping Those in Need
Travis S. Prestwich is an Oregon personal injury lawyer and partner at Swanson, Lathen, Prestwich, PC, and has over 20 years of experience. He handles matters involving automobile accidents, pedestrian accidents, motorcycle accidents, trucking accidents, nursing home negligence, premises liability, product liability, wrongful death, and other areas of catastrophic injury throughout the state.
In 1996, Mr. Prestwich graduated from Brigham Young University with a combined bachelor’s degree and a master’s degree in public policy. He earned his law degree from Willamette University College of Law in 2000. He holds a license to practice law before all Oregon state courts and Oregon’s Federal District Court. Over the course of his career, he has successfully resolved many complex injury cases through litigation or alternative dispute resolution. However, he is an experienced and skilled trial advocate as well.
The recipient of various honors and awards for his legal accomplishments, Mr. Prestwich is a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, invitation-only organizations comprised of attorneys who have recovered verdicts or settlements of $1 million or more. In 2016, one of his cases was listed as being among Oregon’s Top Verdicts, and in 2018, he was included on the list of America’s Top 100 High Stakes Litigators. In 2020, Mr. Prestwich was invited to join the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA), an invitation-only organization of the finest lawyers and judges who had earned great distinction in jury trials and who seek to preserve the right to jury trials in the United States. He has been recognized as an Oregon Super Lawyer every year since 2014, a group recognizing the top five percent of lawyers in the state.
Mr. Prestwich is an active member of the Oregon Trial Lawyers’ Association as a Guardian of Justice and is a former member of the Oregon State Bar Board of Governors and chair of the board’s Public Affairs Committee. He currently serves on the steering committee for the Campaign for Equal Justice, an organization dedicated to providing legal services to low income Oregonians. Serving his local community is important to him as well. He spent more than 20 years as a youth sports coach and served on various community committees and boards, and currently serves in volunteer leadership for his church.
He and his wife reside in Salem where they raised their four children. He is fluent in Spanish after serving a two-year church mission to the Dominican Republic.
- Oregon State Bar, 2000
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA), Member, 2020-present
- Campaign for Equal Justice, Steering Committee Member, Marion-Polk Steering Committee, 2017-present
- Oregon State Bar, Board of Governors, 2012-2015
- Oregon State Bar, Public Affairs Committee Chair, 2014-2015
- Oregon State Bar, Board of Governors, Co-Chair Centralized Legal Notice System Task Force, 2013
- Oregon State Bar, Board of Governors, Special Projects Committee Chair, 2013
- Marion County Bar Association Board, 2007-2011
- Marion County Bar Association Board, President, 2010
- OSB New Lawyers’ Division CLE Ctte, Salem, Past-chair
- OSB New Lawyers’ Division CLE Ctte, Salem, Member
- United States District Court, District of Oregon, 2001
- Oregon State Bar, Member, 2000-present
Pro Bono / Community Service
- Lawyers’ Campaign for Equal Justice, Advisory Committee, Marion-Polk Steering Committee, 2017-present
- Church volunteer, working with youth groups ages 12-18, 1997-present
- Salem-Keizer Education Foundation Basketball Coach, 2012-2019
- South Salem Little League, coach, Division Director, 2003-2007
- Competitive Basketball Coach, 2015-2017
- Leslie Middle School Site Council, Member, 2008-2010
- South Salem Junior Baseball of Oregon, Board member, 2009-2011
Honors / Awards
- American Board of Trial Advocates, Member, Oregon Chapter, 2020-present
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- 2018 America’s Top 100 High Stakes Litigators
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum, 2021-present, Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Oregon Super Lawyers, 2014-2021, Super Lawyers
- Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2010
- Oregon”s Top Verdicts, 2016
- Willamette University College of Law, J.D., 2000
- Brigham Young University, M.A., Family & Social Policy, 1996
- Brigham Young University, B.A. Public Policy, 1996
Let Us Help You
We offer free consultations to all prospective clients and if we take your case on, there is no fee unless we win. Let us know how we can help you!